Elaine Benes


brown jacket: thrifted
boy scout shirt: thrifted
skirt: j.crew (thrifted)
boots: urban outfitters (way old)
socks: forever 21

OK it was starting to snow as I was taking these pictures! I guess Winter might actually be here? But maybe not as the forecast says a high of 53 for Christmas... hmm. I really hate snow, but somehow it doesn't feel very much like Christmas without it. I guess I'm conflicted on the subject.

I thrifted this brown jacket/blazery thing and it reminds me soo much of something that Elaine Benes would wear! 

Right!!?!! So very Elaine.

I tend to find that in general 90s blazers can be really hard to pull off without looking like a Mom from 1995 who has a strong disposition for shoulder pads, mini vans and Ricki Lake (or is that just me?). This one is really doing it for me though. I think it's the fact that it's more of a coat than a straight up blazer and that while it's oversized, I'm not swimming in it. Whatever it is, I'm digging it and feeling like it's making me look a lot more effortlessly pulled together than I really am. That's the secret, folks. Want to look like you #wokeuplikethis? Just find yourself a good oversized blazer and you'll instantly look like you rolled out of a Woody Allen movie. Fact. 

Speaking of keeping up the illusion of effortless cool, I present to you one of my favorite hairdo's at the moment. What I've so lovingly deemed the "dgaf easy butterfly clip up do". As the name would suggest, it's really easy. All you do is pile all your hair onto the top of your head, twist it into a bun and then secure with one of those big butterfly clips you can get at the drugstore. And if you're feeling really wild you can then run your fingers through it and mess it up a bit to make it look like you really didn't try. Easyyyyyyyyyyy.


Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. I recently caught my man cheating on me, thanks to the remote access link sent to me by this software guru at {hackingloop6@ gmail . com} which I used to monitor his activities easily. What attracted me was his offer of refund of any unsatisfactory service but I don't use that because he got my work done perfectly without excuse. You can also reach this software genius on WhatsApp + 1 484 540 - 0785, his service is legit and affordable, tell him I referred you.

    ReplyDelete