Feeling Like Me


At first glance the title of this post might sound weird. "Feeling like me". Yeah, no duh that I feel like me, who else would I feel like? What I mean though is you know when you slip on an outfit and it just makes you feel like you? That awesome feeling you get when all the elements of your outfit seem to gel together to make the perfect amalgamation of your personal style? I love that, and happily that's how I felt today! Primarily 60s mod inspired, but with some harder, modern touches too... very me indeed!

This is a primarily thrifted outfit.... the dress, boots and cardigan are all Goodwill finds. This dress is rad. It's made of this faux suede velour-like material and I think the color blocking is sooo cute. It's definitely a very 60s inspired look, but this dress undeniably sooooo 90s. The brand is "My Michelle". Do you remember that brand? I do! I initially had some hangups about this dress and while I love the look of it, I thought it was maybe too short and tight and made my arms look weird. Whatever, man. Gotta get over these things at some point.

That being said, I do still think this dress is a bit more form fitting than the majority of things I wear, so I tried to tone it down a bit with some black Chelsea boots and this vintage Lacoste cardigan. Lacoste is one of my favorite brands and I'm always on the lookout for it at the thrift store. My Dad wore a lot of Lacoste polo's when I was growing up, so I have a soft spot for the little green alligator. This particular cardigan has a ILGU (International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union) tag, so you know it's on dat tru vintage tip ;-)))))

I've also been working on really trying to let my accessories tie together my outfits. Like the Groovy People tote! Whenever I carry it, I get to carry around a little cartoon Cher face. Is there anything better?

dress, cardigan, boots: thrifted
hair clip: vintage
tote bag: Bijou Karman



Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment